Thakur International, an environmental/conservation consulting and planning firm, seeks few highly motivated and detail-oriented applicants for employment as land-use, energy or water planners/analysts to work on a variety of projects.
The incumbent(s) will conduct independent/team-led analysis and reporting on a wide variety of subjects pertaining to policies, legislation, regulations, issues, activities, and practices in land use, energy development, energy transmission, and water resources. The incumbent may also be responsible for maintaining a stakeholder database, conducting research and analysis on stakeholder individuals, groups, interests, actions, statements, motives, and activities and collaborating and assisting in the drafting and editing of work products such as executive level briefings, studies, reports, press releases, campaign plans, policy directives, videos, announcements, public meeting materials, stakeholder briefings, memorandums of agreement/understanding, etc. The incumbent should be able to distill complex subjects and issues into effective written/oral formats for communicating with stakeholders, directorates, and executives.
Other responsibilities as required, but not limited to, include:
• Review and interpret studies and reports on a wide variety of complex subjects. The incumbent(s) should be able to apply critical thinking, analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills to interpretations, ensuring both accuracy and balance are applied and effectively prepare, distribute and deliver reports in both oral and written form.
• Draft and distribute meeting agendas, minutes, and after action reports. The incumbent should be able to collect, organize, and maintain data, reports, briefings, publications, and other relevant information conducive to smooth program operations.
• Coordinate meetings, document flow and information gathering with internal and external stakeholders. Assist in arranging events such as base tours, staff training, meetings, briefings, appropriate social events, and other like activities.
• Lead program-related projects and teams as assigned. Draft project plans, schedules, and resource requirements for program manager review and approval. Draft project-status and progress reports as requested. Manage multiple responsibilities as appropriate. Train and mentor project team members as appropriate.
• Disseminate information on tasks, schedules, meetings, messages, and other pertinent matters; conduct coordination on assigned tasks; follow-up on matters to ensure proper completion and closure.
• Perform similar duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate should have:
• a strong commitment to a conservation ethic, a strong desire to identify and support strategies for natural resource conservation, a commitment to use green best management practices in the performance of their work.
• a determination to provide excellent support to meeting client requirements.
• a Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree/ PhD degree in environmental sciences, environmental policy, land use planning, water resources, energy, political science or similar fields (a Master’s degree in one of these fields is a plus).
• at least two years or more of planning/analytical experience.
• demonstrated experience in technical and administrative support on planning projects and demonstrated report and analysis writing skills.
• Intellectual curiosity paired with excellent oral and written communication skills along with a proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, specifically, and GIS experience, skills and/or certification is a strong plus).
• the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision and possess organizational, presentation and client-service skills.
Salary and other benefits: As per company rule.
How to apply? : Send your complete CV with contact details and expected salary at email@example.com or, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidate will be invited for the interview.
- Kathmandu, Nepal