Visa Services

Visa Application </strong

Visas are issued by the German embassy or consulate in the country where the visa application has been made. Foreign nationals applying for a residence permit for the purpose of self-employment or taking up employment receive the permission to enter Germany (national visa) from the German mission abroad.

Admission to the German labor market / BA approval </strong

For a residence for the purpose of gainful employment, the approval by the Federal Employment Agency (BA) is always required. This approval can be obtained in an internal procedure from the German agency abroad in the country of origin (visa center) or the responsible local immigration authority in Germany. This procedure applies both to workers recently entering the country and to people who are already domiciled or ordinarily resident in Germany. The permit for taking up employment is awarded along with the residence title.

For an approval, it is always required that:


  • A legislative provision grants access to the German labor market




  • There is a concrete job offer and




  • There are no preferential workers available for the concrete job and the conditions of employment are comparable with those of domestic employees (labor market test).


The German Law and Legislation are different for different types of candidates: The law allows highly skilled workers to stay in Germany for a long time, or permanently, while low-skilled workers are hired seasonally or for short term. For low and middle skilled workers, the document required is Temporary Residence Permit, that can be issued for 1 or 2 years, with the extension possibility.

Temporary Residence Permit </strong

The temporary residence permit is the first type of permit that most foreign nationals get. It creates a basis for a more permanent stay in Germany. One of the requirements for the permanent permit is to have the temporary permit for a specified period of time, issued for the employment purposes. The candidate can initially start job hunt from home country, or he can get a Germany Job Seeker Visa to go and search for one within Germany. Either way, after he gets an employment offer, he can apply for a temporary residence permit. He is not allowed to start working before obtaining the document.

The EU Blue Card</strong

This type of work permit targets highly skilled candidates, that can be issued for longer engagements. Highly skilled employees mean that they have completed a higher education degree such as a bachelor’s or a master’s degree. The candidates that are likely to get this documents are individuals with the IT, engineering, and science background. The job that the candidate is engaged in must be related to his educational background. The EU Blue Card is valid for four years and those who have it can then immediately get a permanent residence permit if they maintain their jobs.

Permanent Residence Permit

For people who spend more than 5 years in Germany, with a temporary residence permit or with the EU Blue Card, it is allowed to apply for the permanent residence permit. The conditions are: to prove that their job was approved by the Federal Employment Agency, to prove that they have paid the necessary taxes, and German Language proficiency, or advanced German Language. According to the Family Integration low, If someone has a permanent residence permit, it is allowed to invite the family in the country.

Integration Into German Community

The German political leaders and Ministry of Internal Affairs put a lot of effort to integrate immigrants and other foreigners into German Society, allowing the family integration for foreign workers, organizing German Language courses, funding many local integration projects and facilitating the naturalization process for them.